ISO 37001 Standard on Anti-Bribery Management Systems and ISO 19600 Standard on Compliance Management Systems
With more than 10 years of experience in anti-bribery, ETHIC Intelligence was the first agency to develop an anti-corruption compliance certification process based on international guidelines and has certified international companies across the globe.
As a recognized international expert in the domain, ETHIC Intelligence was able to play a significant role in the design of both the ISO 19600 and ISO 37001 standards through active participation in the drafting committees of both standards.
In addition, Philippe Montigny, president of ETHIC intelligence, was the ISO Liaison Officer between the two standards.
ISO 37001 Standard on Anti-Bribery Management Systems
The ISO 37001 Standard on Anti-Bribery Management Systems was published in October 2016 and it specifies measures designed to help organizations prevent, detect and address bribery by building strong, risk-based anti-bribery management systems.
It addresses active bribery by the organizations or their business associates and passive bribery of the organizations or their business associates.
The ISO 37001 standard reflects international good practices on anti-corruption compliance and allows organizations to demonstrate to their employees, stakeholders, business associates and third parties their commitment to do business with integrity. An ISO 37001 certification offers assurance that the organization has implemented an anti-corruption compliance program properly.
ISO 37001 requires the organization to implement a series of measures in a proportionate and reasonable manner. These include adopting an anti-bribery policy, requiring top management leadership, appointing a person to oversee anti-bribery compliance (full or part-time), providing training to personnel, undertaking bribery risk assessments and due diligence on projects and business associates, and implementing financial and commercial controls, and reporting and investigation procedures. In addition, organizations must have guidelines on gifts and invitations, protection for whistleblowers and they must ensure that their partners have equivalent commitments to integrity.
ETHIC Intelligence has the ability to certify ISO 37001. Order the ISO 37001 standard with -10% by using the PROMO CODE : ETHIC10
ISO 37001 Certification by ETHIC Intelligence
By combining expertise on both anti-corruption compliance and ISO standards, ETHIC Intelligence offers a comprehensive and tailored ISO 37001 certification for every type of organizations: SMEs, NGOs, global companies and/or their subsidiaries.
The process is the following:
- The client completes a self-evaluation questionnaire which is analyzed by ETHIC Intelligence to ensure that the organization is eligible for ISO 37001 certification
- The process begins with a kick-off meeting organized at the headquarters or remotely, the length of which depends on the results of the self-evaluation questionnaire. This meeting allows for the planning of the audit
- During the kick-off meeting, the organization makes the documents necessary for an anti-corruption management system available to the auditors for review
- An on-site audit will be conducted by an ETHIC Intelligence auditor
- The ETHIC Intelligence certification manager reviews and validates the results presented in the audit report and transmits them to the client for final validation
- If neither the audit nor the report validation process identify any major issues of non-conformity the client is attributed ISO 37001 certification for a period of three years
- One month before the anniversary of the certificate’s attribution and throughout the duration of the certificate’s validity a surveillance audit is conducted at the headquarters to ensure that the recommendations contained in the audit have been implemented
Is your anti-corruption compliance program up to international best practices standards ?
Strengthen, benchmark and communicate positively on your program through certification.
Reach international standards. Get results.
Anti-corruption compliance questions ? comments ?Contact us!
Orange Romania Receives Anti-corruption Compliance System Certificateread more
ISO 37001: What will the implications be?read more
Business Compliance Journal: Benchmarks and Standards
Alexandra Almy, Certification Manager ETHIC Intelligenceread more
Certification terms of reference updated to include BSI's BS10500 standardread more
Monitoring: how to turn a sanction into a competitive advantageread more
Controlling your corruption prevention program: three principlesread more
New ISO Anti-Bribery Standard Gaining Traction - A Driver for Business Growth
Richard Levick, Esq.read more
Implementing BS 10500 - can this influence leadership teams?
Alan C. Field, Managing Directorread more
Conducting Third Party Due Diligence
Vincent Bégle, Of Counsel, Norton Rose LLPread more
Keep abreast of anti-corruption compliance news
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter