- Appointed external monitor of Innospec as part of a resolution with U.S. and U.K. authorities;
- Hughes, Hubbard & Reed (present): Partner and Executive Committee Member, Chairman of the Anti-Corruption and Internal Investigations Practice Group and Co-Chairman of the Securities Litigation Practice Group;
- Senior Vice President and General Counsel, American General Corporation (1998-2001);
- Lawyer at the Bar of District of Columbia, Texas and Pennsylvania.
Selected Professional Commitments
- Board of Directors, Greater Houston Business Ethics Roundtable (1999-2001);
- Member, Market Conduct Committee, American Council of Life Ensurers (1999-2001);
- Editorial Board, eSecurities (Leader Publications) (1998-2002).
Selected Publications and Lectures
- “The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Avoiding Risk in an Era of Increased Enforcement” (BNA Legal Edge Briefing Series, Arlington, VA, United States, April 21, 2009 (Conference Chair)).
- “Conducting an Effective FCPA Compliance Assessment for Russian and CIS Operations” (Russia and CIS Summit on Anti-Corruption, C5 and American Conference Institute, Moscow, Russia, March 10, 2009).
- “Managing Joint Ventures with Local Entities: How to Minimize Risks” (Russia and CIS Summit on Anti-Corruption, C5 and American Conference Institute, Moscow, Russia, March 11, 2009).
- “The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Latest Developments in Enforcement and Compliance” (New York State Bar Association Annual Meeting, International Section, New York, NY, United States, January 28, 2009).
- Corporate Governance: Avoiding and Responding to Misconduct (Law Journal-Seminars Press, July 2007 and updated semi-annually thereafter).
- Shareholder Derivative Litigation: Besieging the Board (Law Journal-Seminars Press, 1995 and updated semi-annually thereafter).
- Boston University, United States
- Columbia Law School, United States
Tags : Innospec, Conducting an Effective FCPA Compliance Assessment policy, managing joint ventures with local entities
Is your anti-corruption compliance program up to international best practices standards ?
Strengthen, benchmark and communicate positively on your program through certification.
Reach international standards. Get results.
As a small company, do you want to demonstrate your anti-corruption commitments?
As a large company, do you want to optimize due diligence on business partners?
Validation can help !
Demonstrate your commitment. Get results.
Anti-corruption compliance questions ? comments ?Contact us!
How can practical audit rights be negotiated with Third Parties?read more
Keep abreast of anti-corruption compliance news
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter