- Partner, Lalive, Geneva
- Acting Judge at the Cour de Cassation de Genève (2009-2012)
- Acting judge in the criminal and commercial sections of the Geneva Court of Appeals (2002-2009)
- Lawyer, Carré et Henzelin (1995-2000), Switzerland
- Lawyer, Matile, Gross & Partners (1993-1995), Switzerland
- Legal counsel / Deputy head of mission for the International Committee of the Red Cross (1987-1992), various countries
- Vice-chairman of the Business Crime section of the International Bar Association
Selected professional commitments–
- Co-chairman of the Business Crime section of the International Bar Association (2012-2013)
- Various Reaerships and Lectureships at Universities of Geneva, Neuchatel, Paris, Hong Kong, Torino since 2005
- Member of the Advisory Board of the European Criminal Bar Association
- Member of the Anti-corruption Commission of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the editorial board of the New Journal of European Criminal Law
- Member of the editorial board of Global Investigation Review
Selected publications and conferences–
- “Litigating corruption issues in arbitrations and civil litigations”, International Bar Association 6th Annual Anti-Corruption Conference – The Awakening Giant of Anti-Corruption Enforcement, Paris, 23-25 April 2008
- “Anti-corruption: looking for a forum; Corruption litigation in arbitration procedure”, International Bar Association Conference, Paris, 4-6 May 2005
- Le dédommagement des victimes étrangères dans le cadre de la procédure suisse d’entreaide international en matière pénale v. la restitution des avoirs à l’étranger, 2010
- Ratifications of the additional protocol to the criminal law convention of the European council on corruption, 2006–
- PhD, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- LLM European Legal Studies, Exeter University, UK
- Bachelor of Law, University of Geneva
Tags : Lalive, Business Crime section of the Int’l Bar Association, ICC Anti-corruption Commission
Is your anti-corruption compliance program up to international best practices standards ?
Strengthen, benchmark and communicate positively on your program through certification.
Reach international standards. Get results.
Anti-corruption compliance questions ? comments ?Contact us!
ISO 19600 on compliance management systems: how can it help organizations?
Daniel L. Bühr, Partner, LALIVEread more
Freezing and Restitution of Illicit Assets of PEPs: A Swiss Solution?read more
Keep abreast of anti-corruption compliance news
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter