Philippe Montigny is the founder and CEO of ETHIC Intelligence, a leading anti-corruption certification agency. He is also the chairman of the Certification Committee.
Philippe began his career at the French Ministry of Industry and Technology, where he was head of the Evaluation Division.
He then joined the OECD as an advisor to the Director for Science, Technology an Industry before integrating the OECD Secretary General’s Office.
Philippe has over 20 years of experience in anti-corruption compliance, which began during his tenure at the Office of the OECD Secretary-General where he was involved in the ministerial negotiations that led to the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention in 1997.
After several years spent advising companies on anti-corruption compliance programs and on strategies to resist extortion, Philippe developed certification as a way for organizations to strengthen, promote and communicate positively and credibly on their anti-corruption programs.
Since 2006, ETHIC Intelligence has certified company compliance programs internationally.
Philippe Montigny was a co-drafter of the compliance management system standard (ISO 19600) published in 2014 and of the anti-bribery management system standard (ISO 37001) published in 2016. He served as ISO liaison officer between the two standards.
He has also been President of the Anti-Corruption Commission of CIAN, the Council of French Investors in Sub-Saharian Africa since 2002 and a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
He lectures at the chair of “Ethics and Business Law” at the Cergy-Pontoise University Law School in Paris.
Other publications from the same author regarding anti-corruption:
- Montigny, P., & Bio-Tchané, A. (2000). Fighting against corruption: an imperative for Benin’s development in the international economy. (In French). Paris: L’Harmattan.
- Montigny, P. (2005). Companies and international corruption: Laws, risks, strategies and challenges. (In French) Paris: Ellipses
- Montigny, P., (2010). Resisting extortion solicitations in tax and custom matters (bilingual French/English) Paris: French Council of Investors in Africa (CIAN)
- Bühr, D., Hortensius, D., Petsche, A., Montigny, P., Parkinson, M., Tolar, M., Volkman, R. (2016). ISO 19600 - Compliance Management Systems A Commentary for Practitioners. München: Beck, C H.
- Montigny, P. (2018). Integrity for Competitiveness: On the road with compliance officers. Paris, France: ETHIC Intelligence Publishing House.