Type of standard:
- Management system standard
- Terms of reference define requirements to be met by organizations for certification
- Anti-Bribery Management System ISO 37001 was published in 2016
- Private organizations: the company at large, a business unit or a subsidiary
- Public organizations, administration, service, political party ...
- Not-for-profit organizations: NGOs, charities, foundations, associations....
- Anti-Bribery Management System: how it is designed, implemented and controlled and how it can be improved according to the organization’s specific context and bribery risks
- It does not address: fraud, cartels, money laundering….
- Program design and implementation is audited:
- at the headquarters
- in a sample of locations where the operations are conducted
- A detailed descriptive report of the organization’s anti-bribery management system
- A list of findings identifying non-conformities, observations…
Validity of the certification process:
- The audit process follows the ISO/IEC 17021-1 & 9 rules applicable to certification bodies.
- The Technical Committee verifies that certification requirements are met and awards certification
- The company receives an “ISO 37001 Premium Certificate” from ETHIC Intelligence
Independent legal review:
- The detailed audit report is sent to three independent lawyers for a legal appraisal
Certificate’s validity period:
- 3 years
- Every year with a (limited) in-situ audit
OUR ADDED VALUE
How is the ISO 37001 Premium certification unique?
- ISO 37001 Premium demonstrates that an organization has implemented a strength Anti-Bribery Management System using an internationally recognized method.
- It provides organizations with additional legal reviews from specialized lawyers regarding areas of improvement for an organization’s anti-bribery management system.
- Each legal review addresses the organization’s structural and occupational specificities and needs.